Michael Jimenez is a founding member of both Genesis Systems Consulting LLC and PAAST, P.L. Michael has extensive experience in information security, information technology governance, growth strategy consulting, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, forensic information technology, due diligence, system validations, banking compliance, and Bank Secrecy Act, and Anti-Money Laundering for clients in multiple industries using an array of software applications and platforms. He has also performed IT, E-Banking, and BSA Risk Assessments in accordance with FFIEC guidelines.
Michael also provides oversight for the day-to-day operations of the firm, including information technology (IT) governance and security management.
Michael has been invited by Prime Global’s North America and Latin America regions, as well as the University of Miami’s Beta Alpha Psi, to lecture on topics such as implementing document management systems, and data and network security.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael supervised the Management Information Systems department of a regional accounting firm. He was as a member of the technology team for several systems and was instrumental Year 2000 IT security reviews and compliance mandates for the financial institutions and regulated industries serviced by the firm.
Michael previously worked at Pan American Airlines as a Network Manager developing, implementing, and managing the airline’s Wide Area Network (WAN), as well as remote access solutions for the airline’s global network and its employees. He was also responsible for maintaining and implementing network security policies for the organization.
As a network and Lotus Notes engineer at IVAX Corporation, Michael was responsible for the development, implementation and management of the company’s WAN solutions for corporate headquarters and global subsidiaries. He was also in charge of the maintenance of the corporation’s Lotus Notes servers worldwide.
- Member, ISACA (National)
- Member, ISACA (South Florida Chapter)
- Past Co-Chair, American Cancer Society Relay for Life Blue Lagoon Chapter
- Member, Miami Lighthouse for the Blind Young Professionals Group
- Member, Legal Services of Miami Young Professionals Group
- Member, AICPA Information Management and Technology Assurance (IMTA)
- Past Sponsor-Chair, Saint Timothy Golf Committee
Florida International University
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw Journal Bank and Lender Liability – 2016
- “The Bank Secrecy Act’s Shades of Gray”
- PrimeGlobal Symposium – 2016
- Presentation: Who Is Trying to Steal your Data and How They May Succeed
- PrimeGlobal Partner Symposium
- Presentation: How to gain a seat at the table
- PrimeGlobal Audit and Tax Conference – 2015
- Presentation: Effective Data Security
- Polaris International (North American Region) – 2009
- Panel discussion topic Implementing Document management systems
- Polaris International (Latin American Region) – 2007
- Implementing a paperless office
- Beta Alpha Psi, University of Miami, Florida – 2005
- Data and Network Security
- Beta Alpha Psi, Florida International University – 1999
- How to generate Y2K awareness
- Cuban American CPA Association – 1999
- Effects and Consequences of the Y2K Project